Class-leading performance, in the studio and on the road
Class-Leading Mic Amps
4 beautifully detailed mic preamps to capture every nuance of every performance, with enough gain to cope with whatever microphone you're plugging in. Our two-stage design uses a mixture of specially chosen discrete low-noise transistors in combination with ICs, resulting in exceptionally low-noise performance (-130 dBu EIN) and a superior gain range (62 dB).
Full +24 dBu Operating Levels
Unlike many USB-powered audio interfaces, the balanced line inputs and outputs on SSL 12 work all the way up to +24 dBu, allowing you to seamlessly integrate with your favourite analogue outboard gear and other line-level devices.
No Compromise Conversion and Monitoring
With 32-bit converter technology, impeccable left-right stereo tracking and balanced outputs that deliver greater than 120 dB of Dynamic Range, SSL 12 brings the kind of no compromise monitor section performance fit for a high-end studio straight to your desktop.
Big studio features, small desktop footprint
Everything you need and more, from your portable studio centrepiece
SSL 12 is loaded with an extraordinary amount of professional studio features normally reserved for high-end rackmount interfaces.
For tracking, the ADAT connectivity, together with the on-board talkback mic and an incredibly powerful software cue mixer (that allows you to create up to 4 independent near-zero latency performer mixes) will handle the most demanding of recording sessions.
For mixing, alternative monitor switching and assignable front panel control room functions puts everything you need at your fingertips.
For production, USB Loopback, MIDI I/O and DC-coupled outputs for CV control of synths equip you with a serious toolkit to keep the creativity flowing. To top it all off, the ever-expanding SSL Production Pack (packed with a selection of must-have virtual instruments, plug-ins, samples and DAWs) helps to bring your productions to life.
Total control from SSL 360° - Your SSL control room
SSL 360° hosts the SSL 12 software mixer, where you can set up low-latency headphone mixes, choose your Loopback source and customise the user-assignable front panel buttons on SSL 12 via the powerful but intuitive console-style mixer on-screen.
Easily set up multiple near-zero latency headphone mixes
SSL 12 provides an intuitive, virtual console-style mixer for dialling in headphone mixes. With independent pan, level and mute controls available for each send, the SSL 12 Mixer puts you fully in charge.
Configure HP A and HP B outputs the way you need them
Choose from 3 different modes of operation for the headphone outputs that best suit your headphones – Standard, High Sensitivity or High Impedance. Or, you can choose to re-purpose each HP output as a balanced/unbalanced mono output, if you need additional line level outputs from SSL 12.
Customise the 3 user-assignable front panel buttons
The 3 front panel switches come pre-assigned to CUT for the monitors, ALT speaker switching and TALKBACK mic engage/disengage but you can choose to change these buttons to any of the following functions to suit your needs - DIM, CUT, MONO SUM, ALT, INVERT PHASE LEFT, TALKBACK.
SSL Production Pack FREE with SSL 12 Audio Interface
We’ve been helping world-class artists, producers and engineers make great music and audio for decades. It's crucial to have the right tools for the job, so we’ve partnered with some of the industry's key brands to offer you the SSL Production Pack, bundled free with your SSL 12 audio interface.
Featuring a selection of must-have virtual instruments, plug-ins, samples and DAW, let your creativity shine and bring your productions to life with the SSL Production Pack.
Analogue colour, inspired by the SSL 4000 console
The Legacy 4K button injects a musical high frequency boost, alongside a controlled amount of finely tuned harmonic distortion. It's perfect for adding character and edge to your vocals and instruments.
Ins and Outs
Front-access jack sockets provide convenient access to 2 instrument DI inputs and 2 independent headphone outputs.
On the rear, SSL 12 provides Neutrik® XLR Combo sockets for Mic/Line inputs, TRS jack outputs for 2 speaker sets, 5 Pin DIN MIDI I/O, 8 channels of digital audio inputs via ADAT, the USB connector and on/off power switch.
- 4 x SSL-designed microphone preamps with unrivalled EIN performance and huge gain range for a USB-powered device
- Per-Channel Legacy 4K switches - analogue colour enhancement for any input source, inspired by the 4000-series console
- 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass or vintage instruments
- 2 professional-grade headphone outputs, with switchable modes of operation that cater for high impedance or high sensitivity headphones. Or re-purpose each headphone output as an additional “general purpose” balanced/unbalanced line-level output instead
- 32-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA Converters - capture and hear all the detail of your creations
- ADAT IN - expand the input channel count with up to 8 channels of digital audio
- Easy-to-use Headphone routing via SSL 360° for critical low-latency monitoring tasks
- Built In Talkback Mic that can be routed to Headphone A, B and Line 3-4 outputs
- 4 x dedicated balanced outputs and precision Monitor Level, with stunning dynamic range
- Use Outputs 3-4 to connect an alternative monitor set to or as additional line-level outputs
- USB Loopback with selectable source
- DC-coupled outputs for controlling CV input instruments & FX
- 3 user-assignable front panel switches - assign various monitoring functions and talkback open/close
- MIDI I/O
- SSL Production Pack Software Bundle; includes 3-months free subscription to SSL Complete, plus an exclusive collection of 3rd party DAWs, virtual instruments and plug-ins
- USB bus-powered audio interface for Mac/Windows - power is provided by USB 3.0, audio via the USB 2.0 protocol
The SSL Production Pack includes:
- 3-months free access to SSL Complete subscription
- 3-months free access to Auto-Tune Unlimited subscription
- 3-months free access to Arcade by Output subscription
- Perpetual licenses for SSL Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip plug-ins
- IK Multimedia Amplitube 5 SE
- Celemony Melodyne Essential
- Native Instruments Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start
- Ableton Live 11 Lite
- AAS Session Bundle plug-ins
- 1.5 GB Samples from Loopcloud
System requirements and Specs:
Mac OS 10.15 or later | Class-Compliant, Plug-and-play
Windows 10, Windows 11 | Install included ASIO/WDM driver
USB 3.0 Type C Connector (Box includes Type C to C and Type C to A)
4 x XLR-¼" combo (Mic/Line)
Mic Amp EIN (A-weighted): -130.5 dBu EIN
Mic Amp Gain: 62 dB
2 x ¼" (Hi-Z)
Max Instrument Input Level: +14 dBu
Max Line Input Level: +24 dBu
*Specs (Measured to AES17 Standards)
Dynamic Range: >120 dB
Max Output Level: +24 dBu
2 x ¼"
Dynamic Range: 112 dB (High Impedance Mode) / 115 dB (Balanced Line Output Mode)
Max Output: +18 dBu (High Impedance Mode) / 24 dBu (Balanced Line Output Mode)
Output Impedance: <1 Ω
1 x Optical (ADAT)
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz